What is it that I do? It's simple: I create interest in, conversations around, and business for green (and greening) companies, via social media. Essentially, I get your company noticed by, written about, and discussed on the web by the people who matter, with results to go along with it, and the depth of knowledge and resources to support it. Who I have and want to work with are primarily consumer product companies, a dash of B2B, and I have a soft spot for well funded high impact NGOs and social ventures.
This newly evolved form of public relations that I offer ensures that your business not just survives, but grows. Maintaining your current customer base while finding effective, trackable, meaningful ways to build beyond it is the most powerful way to address the tough times we are in.
I offer five key advantages to companies I work with:
I am deeply familiar with the people you want to reach: Being a blogger for three influential green business blogs myself in addition to being a consultant, I know how to effectively reach out to the people you want writing about you. My outreach paves the way to quality, substantial pieces that I then leverage to maximum benefit to you, across several platforms. I've built a network of bloggers that are glad to support what I write via social media channels, and write about what I ask them to. I have an "in" that most seeking publicity do not, across multiple segments.
My own writing is authentic, insightful and respected, frequently getting thousands of page views. On Triple Pundit, I often get awarded most page views and most commented, together a sign that people are interested, listening, and engaged. See the far right column on this page for recent examples of my writing, on it, Ecopreneurist, and the GreenSmith blog.
People listen to me: I have become an influencer on Twitter, sought out for information, knowledge, and opinions on things related to green business and beyond. I've been told numerous times of a corresponding bump in site traffic/network growth of businesses and people I talk about.
I know what I'm talking about: More than somebody who talks the green business talk, I have a sustainability focused MBA from Presidio, an early trailblazer and standard setter in green business education. So when I communicate with customers, staff, and the world, I do so with authority and the ability to back up and think beyond the interesting bits I share with them.
Customized, appropriate outreach: My connections in the media are not merely contacts in a database to blindly send the same canned press release. They are individuals who I either personally know or are aware of the tone that their site skews towards. Each engagement I do, I update and increase who and where I am contacting. Basically, I know how to effectively reach out, to get more results for my clients.
I'm a green business Swiss Army knife: Though my focus is social media based PR, I have a diversity of business skills, with one purpose: Helping green businesses achieve their aims. A quick overview is here.
What does this all translate into, in terms of actions and results? A sampling:
- In a highly atypical move, Treehugger, the largest and most well respected green blog out there, ran an article solely focused on FutureMark Paper (It doesn't typically focus on one company) It was written by the founders of Naturally Savvy, another site with a substantial following, of the mainstream, green leaning Martha Stewart/Oprah Winfrey interested audience.
- An article I wrote on Helix Wind got 17,000 page views on the first day, and the CEO was able to directly address perceived issues people had with wind power, and how their product sidestepped those issues. Due to SEO enhanced content and deft use of social media news tools, it continued to get 1,000 page views monthly.
- BuyGreen is now a top rated user of Twitter (In the top 2.2% of users as rated by Twitter Grader) with a 125% increase in their network. With my help, they learned to clearly express their brand message and authentic commitment, resulting in increased sales, a strong network, and new potential vendors.
- I got GreenSmart written up in 49 blogs, including Treehugger, the most influential of all green blogs. Per my screening, numerous sites ran contests that served to build awareness of not only of their brand, but what makes their product and company distinct from others, worthy of their support and purchase. I enhanced this by tracking conversations that I either initiated or followed up on relating to the brand, building on interest and answering questions/concerns.
- Doubled GoGreenTube's site traffic through strategic use of Twitter and StumbleUpon networks coupled with site interface and text reconfiguration.
Want to know what others think about GreenSmith Consulting? Go here.
For more examples of my work, see here.
I work well on my own, in conjunction with teams, and am open to be discrete projects and ongoing, malleable engagements as best fits your company.
An overview of all GreenSmith offerings can be found here.
Ready to make a smart move in supporting your business? Please call 503 208 6388 or email us via the link above, right.
GreenSmith Consulting: Helping forge truly sustainable businesses